Front of House Team Leader - $18/hour
Shift Lead/Team Leader
At Chick-fil-A Encinitas, the Team Leader role is more than just a job… it's an opportunity. We believe in partnership with our leaders in providing the opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Our Team Leaders are more than what is more commonly referred to as "Shift Leaders". Our team leaders do more than run shifts; they lead a team of motivated team members.
The Chick-fil-A Encinitas Difference is CARE
What makes us different is how much we care about our guests, our food, our service, and our team. Chick-fil-A Encinitas' vision is to be Encinitas' most caring and influential business.
Caring for our guests starts with local ownership. Danny Putnam is our Owner/Operator who not only lives right here in our community, but he and his family are deeply involved in the business, leadership development, and operations. When ownership cares for the leadership staff, team members are cared for. When team members feel appreciated and cared for this naturally overflows to our guests, which is why Chick-fil-A is consistently rated the #1 favorite restaurant in America.
We excel at providing personal and leadership development opportunities in a positive, team-oriented environment. We are selective in who we bring to our team. If you are committed, coach-able, enthusiastic, and proactive, we believe you will not find a better place to be.
Team Leaders are responsible for shift management which includes running shift operations as well as overseeing team member efforts and activities in order to achieve desired goals. Team Leaders ensure operational excellence throughout the restaurant by directing Team Members to perform their checklists and other tasks at ever-increasing levels of proficiency and efficiency. They also guarantee that every team member is demonstrating Remarkable Experiences all day, every day. Team Leaders create the daily setup sheet, mange money, define team member placement, and ensure all team members are completing assigned responsibilities per the positional checklists. Leads are responsible for ensuring an exceptionally smooth, highly efficient shift. In addition, Team Leaders assist in training and working with leadership to build up the capacity of their teams.
Team Leaders are a living embodiment of our 4 core values at Chick-fil-A Encinitas: positive attitude, team work, continuous growth, and transparency.
Growth Opportunities Beyond Team Leader
The Team Leader position is a prerequisite to further advancement at Chick-fil-A Encinitas. It is a stepping stone to your future leadership opportunities. As you develop as a Team Leader and are instrumental in building a high performance team with new leaders in the pipeline, you will have the opportunity to progress to roles such as a Restaurant Leader, key management positions, and even VP executive roles in the organization.
Required Qualifications and Characteristics
- Align with Chick-fil-A Encinitas' Core Values (positive attitude, team work, continuous growth, and transparency)
- Previous leadership experience with solid employment longevity
- Proven excellence in carrying out duties and responsibilities
- Be a problem solver - identify and eliminate bottlenecks
- Strong sense of ownership
- Driven, results oriented
- Known for taking action, building consensus, influential, & purposeful
- Manage time efficiently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 32 hours + > per week
- Be available to work a minimum of three (4) full shifts per week
- Starting Pay Rate: $18/ hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage money accurately and consistently - Drawer and Change Fund Counts
- Sets up effective game plans for the shift (people in their best positions)
- Understands and execute California break compliance
- Troubleshoots call-outs on the spot and communicates with Restaurant Leads
- Troubleshoots bottlenecks (be able to readjust the game plan to improve results quickly)
- Cares for guests concerns - effectively execute and be able to train the HEARD method for guest recovery
- Answers phone calls regarding common and emergent guest concerns and questions
- Manages employee safety/injury incidents
- Responds to guest safety/injury instances
- Effectively manages labor productivity of the team
- Manages catering orders: order taking, organization, and fulfillment
- Manages food safety policies and practices and ensure team compliance
- Keeps track of daily Drive Thru car count goals (team reward payouts)
- Communicates disciplinary actions needed to the Restaurant Leader
- Effectively directs and delegates team efforts to executing operational excellence
- Ensure All Standards and Processes are Achieved by All Team Members
- Direct team efforts in order to achieve company goals (quality, service, sales, profit)
- Ensure Team Members complete assigned positional checklists
- Develop a Team mindset with others to Focus on Excellence; gather the team’s input
- Operate cash register, tray/bag orders, drive thru headset, dining room cleaning/host
- Enthusiastically and optimistically lead all team members
- Display a continuous positive attitude with both guests and team members
- Conduct Shift Huddles – Constantly Assess and Communicate Shift Efforts
- Treat everyone with a positive attitude of honor, dignity, and respect all day, every day
- Be an advocate for your team and shift
- Connect with customers on a personal and relational level
- Properly manage assigned assets (equipment, cash, product, etc)
- Know all CFA product descriptions and know all ingredients in each item of the menu
Job Types: Full-Time
Salary: $18 /hour
View our complete pay and benefit structure in the link below: